TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Go with Bernies kit, I wish I knew about it back in >>
People Seeking Info

Subject Go with Bernies kit, I wish I knew about it back in >>

Posted by ZUL8TR on April 16, 2016 at 3:24 AM
  This message has been viewed 386 times.

In Reply To Injector Failure posted by 91-Z32 on April 15, 2016 at 03:25 PM

Message 2009 when I did a 6 injector (with OEM) replacement on my 92 NA. Went with the COZ kit: 300 degree fuel rail for the conversion plus the SS braided fuel lines and new connectors spliced in.

TIP, the injector connector wires are usually corroded so when you cut them to splice in the new ones look for green corrosion on the copper wire, keep cutting back until you get clean wires and hope you don't run out of wire length? It doesn't matter how connected to the two different size wires, but to feel better pick a way and keep consistent. I used dielectric grease on all connections. These cars need good clean grounds. I did the Ground Net discussed in Tech. Like chicken soup for a cold it can't hurt!

FWIW: since doing the injector replacement in 2009 with OEM pintleless 93+ for NA injectors I have had no issues with the injectors using E10 (Ug!). I do add Stable each fill up since I don't drive it much (20 miles/week) and the fuel lasts awhile. Also never did the power off conversion at the injectors, wonder if that really was the issue with the system or just E fuel or something else?

Of course disconnect the battery and

ZUL8TR in Orlando,FL

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.